eBanking BenefitsFind out More
Educational Tips on using Mobile Check Deposit
- Before logging into the Mobile Deposit app, close all other apps running in the background on your mobile phone.
- Sign the back of your check with a restrictive endorsement. The restrictive endorsement should contain your name followed by: For Mobile Deposit Only at F & M Community Bank, N.A.
- When prompted for the amount, carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen when capturing your photos.
- Try not to get too much of the areas surrounding the check.
- Take the photos of your check in a well-lit area.
- Place the check on solid dark background before taking the photo of it.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos.
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
- Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit.
- No shadows across the check
- All four corners are visible
- Check is not blurry
- The MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable.
- Securely store the original Check for 14 days after transmission. After the check has been deposited, cleared your account AND after the 14 day retention period expires, destroy the original Check by first marking it "VOID" and then destroying it.